Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Prairie Home Companion

Have you heard that Garrison Keillor is retiring this year from his popular radio show, "A Prairie Home Companion?"  My husband and I have been faithful listeners every Saturday night for over 30 years.  The first time I ever heard it was on a Saturday night when my husband and I were bathing in the afterglow and he turned on the radio before we got up and out of bed.  Garrison's monologue came on and we've been groupies ever since.  We've seen live broadcasts of the show in San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego.  For years, we'd talked about making a pilgrimage to Minnesota in search of the towns and locales that inspired Garrison's fictional world of Lake Wobegon.  We wanted to see the restaurants that spawned The Chatterbox Cafe and The Sidetrack Tap, and the Catholic Church that Garrison dubbed "Our Lady of Perpetual Responsibility."  We finally made the trip a few years ago and I wrote this novel/travelogue about our pilgrimage.

The Missing Bachelor Farmer: A Nancy Keene Mystery
by Louise Hathaway
only $1.99



My book is about a precocious teenager who talks her father into taking her to Minnesota on a quest to see the towns that Garrison had in mind when he created Lake Wobegon. Her father wants to go on a Bob Dylan pilgrimage while there, but she has other plans after a "bachelor farmer" (who was last seen at the "Chatterbox Cafe") goes missing and they join the search party. 

My book only costs $1.99 and contains pictures from the my trip to "Lake Wobegon".  It's available at Amazon, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, Google Play, Smashwords and Scribd.

No comments:

Post a Comment