Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Who loves mysteries with Female Detectives?


Do you like female detectives as much as I do? I love Helen Mirren's, Jane Tennison, from the series "Prime Suspect"; Rachel McAdams' character in the second season of "True Detective"; and looking further back in time: Agatha Christie's "Miss Marple"; and every baby boomers' favorite teenage sleuth, Nancy Drew.

I've created three female characters who solve mysteries in my novels.  The first is Nancy Keene and she stars in a five book series: The Nancy Keene Mysteries.  These books are funny PG-rated stories inspired by the adventures of the famous teenage sleuth Nancy Drew. She was my childhood hero. My Nancy Keene Mysteries take place in some of my favorite travel destinations, so they are travelogues in addition to being cozy mysteries. 

Female Homicide Detective Clarissa Santy from Orange County, California stars in my four-book series entitled, "The Detective Santy Mysteries".  The series begins with the murder of her father when she was a young girl. When she turns 18, she looks into the court records of the murder trial and realizes that the wrong man was arrested.  As the series continues, she discovers who killed a priest at a nearby abbey and finds love where she wasn't expecting it.  While on her honeymoon in Savannah, Georgia, she becomes involved in a murder investigation when her cousin, a famous chef, is murdered.  All of the books in the series can be enjoyed as standalone stories.

My most recent detective, Yvonne Dauphin, struggles with bipolar disorder and lives in New Orleans. She risks her life and sanity when she checks herself out of the hospital after a meltdown, determined to prove to her boss and coworkers that’s she still up to the job of capturing a serial killer who has been terrorizing New Orleans. To further complicate matters, she’s hoping to reunite with her ex-husband while feeling a blossoming attraction to a young fellow detective.

I hope you like our latest leading lady and come along with her story in our latest mystery, "Fighting Demons: A New Orleans Mystery."

All of my books are available on Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, and Kobo.

Here are the buy links for my books:



No comments:

Post a Comment