Friday, April 18, 2014

Louise Hathaway

Hello dear readers:

As most of our followers know, we write under a pen name.  My husband came up with the name because he's a fan of of PBS series, "Inspector Lewis " who has a sidekick named Hathaway: so, we combined their two names for our "nom de plume".  Last week, I read a blog post by our publisher and he said that most of the authors on The Publisher's Weekly best seller list for indie writers are women.  Is it because women are buying the most books and want to read about women characters? Who can really say. I like reading about women characters; why wouldn't my readers have the same feelings?  Duh?   After telling my husband this, we agreed that, because I am the primary writer and a lot of our books have been written solely by me, we should be going by a female pen name and we were doing ourselves a disservice by having a male name. Therefore, we have decided that "Lewis" needs to have a sex-change operation to become "Louise".

What's in a name?  Plenty.  My husband said, "Why didn't we think of this a long time ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment