Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Genealogy: Finding My Roots

Chasing My Roots: New World Finally Meets Old World
By Louise Hathaway


Do you love genealogy? If so, then this story is for you. I am the grand-daughter of a Belgian immigrant who came to America in 1910 and this eBook is about my efforts to find and reunite with his family in Belgium after a breakdown in communication for twenty-five years. When I made a pilgrimage to meet my relatives in the old world, they pulled out all the stops and treated me like a movie star. 

The second part of this book is about my father’s family. My ancestors on his side of the family traveled to America with Quaker William Penn and one branch on the family tree supposedly had buried treasures of gold coins that were never found.  They fought Indians, were homesteaders, and later owned slaves. I couldn't believe it when I found out that they owned slaves in Missouri and were involved in that shameful chapter in American history; but that's what happens sometimes when you start looking into family history.

If you are interested in buying this eBook that only costs 99 cents and has several FIVE STAR REVIEWS, it is available at Amazon, iTunes, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Google Play, Smashwords, Oyster and Scribd.

No comments:

Post a Comment