Friday, November 2, 2018

Nancy Drew and James Bond


This is a funny story about a teenage sleuth who goes to London with her father and is delighted when she discovers that Daniel Craig (AKA James Bond) is staying at their hotel.  I was inspired to write this book by my love of Nancy Drew books and my love of London.  On vacation in London a few years back, James Bond actually was staying at the same hotel as my husband and I were.  At the time, the actor who played Bond was Pierce Brosnan.  Just like Nancy Keene in my story of The Stolen Mask, I was settling into our upper bedroom when I looked out the window and saw Agent 007 drinking champagne in the hotel's garden. I was as star-struck as any teenage school girl would be.

In this story, Nancy opens the door of her hotel room to retrieve the morning paper and is shocked when Daniel Craig opens the door next to hers to do the same thing.  He is only wearing a towel around his waist.  He sees her in her flannel nightgown and self-consciously looks down at his towel to make sure nothing's showing.  When he catches her looking in the same place, he winks at her and goes back into his room.  Nancy feels her first stirrings of passion and is pleased that she has an opportunity to come to his aid when someone steals his BAFTA award out of his room.

I am a total Anglophile and love all things British--its literature, music, history, and art. I love writing about places I've traveled to, so in this story, I have Nancy sight-seeing at some of my favorite destinations in and around London.  She goes on a Jane Austen pilgrimage, visits Buckingham Palace, shops at Harrods, and pays a visit to the Sherlock Holmes museum.  Nancy is very precocious and has read a lot, so when she tries to solve the case of the stolen mask, she channels Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, and Rumpole of the Bailey.


This book is one of my favorite ones I've written and I hope my readers will like it, too.  So, come with Nancy Keene on a trip to London where she meets James Bond and even gets to walk the red carpet with him at the Oscars when she's back home   A bit of a stretch?  Of course, but a girl can't help but dream.

Here are links where you can purchase this cozy mystery for only 99 cents!!

Purchase at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment